Job Description: Attorney
The nation’s premier internet defamation and content removal firm, Minc Law is looking for a dynamic media and technologically-focused attorney to join its expanding team.
As counsel, you’ll practice at the forefront of a rapidly growing, evolving area of law. You will work directly
with clients on intellectually challenging and interesting cases to protect their brands, their identities and their online reputations. And you’d be joining a collaborative team who values work-life balance, a flexible environment, and professional career growth opportunities.
- Effectively handle a wide range of content removal issues for clients, including claims for defamation, invasion of privacy, fake reviews, removal of news articles and related content, online harassment and cyberbullying, revenge porn, and online investigation of anonymous interest users
- Write briefs, pleadings, memos, motions, complaints, discovery and other correspondence
- Effectively work with counsel, including local counsel, and attorneys or other representatives from ISP’s, websites and news organizations
- Understand and utilize existing defamation law on behalf of clients
- Craft and/or apply new legal theories when the law is vague or non-existent
- Account for and adjust arguments where and when gaps exist between technology, statutes, and precedent
- Collaborate and share with colleagues, effective arguments and strategy to achieve client goals
- Consult with prospective clients, articulating why Minc Law is their best option
- Communicate and provide status updates to clients before and during the removal process
- Current Member of the Ohio State Bar
- 5-10 years of practicing law and litigation experience
- Thorough understanding of rules of evidence and procedure
- Knowledge of applicable areas of laws pertinent to practice (DMCA, CDA, Defamation & Privacy Laws, and third-party subpoena practice)
- Strong writing, communication, research, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with ActionStep and NetDocuments a plus but not required
Minc Law offers a competitive salary, bonus, retirement, medical and benefits package. Minc is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio in a beautiful office located in the new Pinecrest District, Northeast Ohio’s newest premier living, retail, dining and business destination.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee works under typical office conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minc Law is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.