Removal of Damaging Content
For years it has been widely believed that individuals and businesses have little if any options if they are being victimized by damaging or harmful content on the Internet. This is no longer the case. The experienced Internet attorneys at Minc Law have a full arsenal of legal tactics to completely remove unwanted content from the Internet and stop online attacks.The skilled Internet attorneys at Minc Law have successfully helped clients remove damaging blog posts, comments, pictures, and even entire websites from the Internet. Using cost-effective legal methods and techniques we can successfully help clients.
Using cost-effective legal methods and techniques we can successfully help clients:
- Remove information from consumer complaint sites like Ripoffreport.com, PissedConsumer.com, and Complaintsboard.com
- Remove reviews from rating websites like Yelp.com, Tripadvisor.com Amazon.com, and Avvo.com
- Remove websites that are selling counter-fit products and infringing on intellectual property rights (trademark, copyrights, and trade dress)
- Remove embarrassing pictures and photographs from social networking sites, porn sites, and mug shot websites
- Remove posts and other information from relationship infidelity websites like Cheaterland.com, Playerblock.com, and Reportyourex.com
- Remove damaging and false information from blogs, comments, and message boards, and other forums
- Remove unwanted material from smear and gossip sites like thedirty.com
- Remove confidential or proprietary information put online without authorization, permission, or obtained illegally
- Remove private and personal information from online public databases
- Remove fake profiles on professional and social networking websites
- Remove false and damaging reviews on rating websites
- Remove illegal and unwanted content from search engine indices
Court Ordered Removal – Search Engine De-Indexing Service
Most websites and major search engines, including Google, Bing, and Yahoo! have polices that they will voluntarily remove content from webpages and search results if given a valid court order declaring that content is defamatory.
How Does Court Ordered Removal Work?
Getting a court order requires filing a lawsuit. There are many important considerations to take in to account when filing a lawsuit. Only a licensed attorney experienced in the area of Internet defamation can properly advise as to the risks, costs, and other considerations.
If a valid court order is obtained that declares that certain content is defamatory or should otherwise be removed, that order can then be presented to search engines and websites who will in turn typically remove the content voluntarily.
What If I Don’t Know Who Posted The Content?
In many cases, content is authored or posted by individuals who are anonymous or cannot be easily identified. In cases such as these, it is necessary to file what is called a “John Doe” lawsuit against a fictitious defendant.
Depending on the state where the lawsuit is filed, efforts must then be undertaken to uncover the identity of the anonymous author. This usually requires subpoenaing websites, hosts, and ISPs to determine the identity of the anonymous author. If for some reason it is impossible to determine a defendant’s identity, even after appropriate due diligence is taken, a motion for service by publication can be requested and then default can then be filed.
Will Any Court Order Do?
No. Every website and search engine has different requirements as what constitutes a “valid” court order. Each court order must be drafted to meet the unique requirements and circumstances of your case. Orders must be narrowly tailored to address the needs of the parties and content at issue. They must specifically identify the location of the content at issue, the author/defendant, and claims that are the basis for removal. Court orders should also account for the possibility that content may be reposted or re-indexed in the future.
If a proper court order is not obtained, websites and search engines will deny your removal requests. Therefore, it is paramount to work with a lawyer and law firm that have experience successfully obtaining valid court orders of this type to have online content removed.
Content Removal Services
We offer services to completely remove content from nearly every type of website on the Internet, including:
- Business Review & Complaint Websites
- Cheater & Gossip Websites
- News Articles
- Blogs (Blogspot, WordPress, Tumblr, and others)
- Discussion Board Threads
- Social Media Websites
- Images & Videos
- Much, Much, More!
For many websites we are so confident in our services, we guarantee the removal of the content in question or your money back. We offer guaranteed removal options for the following websites:
Even if guaranteed removal options are not available for a specific website, we offer extremely high success rates with our Court Ordered Removal & Search Engine De-indexing Services. We also attempt removals from websites on a flat fee non-contingent basis. Contact us to find out more information.
How Do I Get Started?
The decision to seek court ordered removal of online content is complex and should not be taken lightly. There are many factors to consider and weigh.
You may have more options than you realize! To learn more about removal services and discuss your specific removal issue, contact us today: