Removal of Damaging Content
For years it has been widely believed that businesses and individuals have little if any options when victimized by damaging or harmful content on the Internet. This is no longer the case. The experienced Internet attorneys at Minc Law have a full arsenal of legal tactics to completely remove unwanted content from the Internet and stop online attacks. Through a combination of legal strategies and proven technology techniques, we help clients completely remove content from nearly every type of website on the Internet, including business review and complaint websites, discussion boards, news websites, blogs, social media websites, and cheater and gossip websites.
We not only remove defamatory content from the Internet, but we do so in the most cost-effective and efficient manner. We look to ensure that our clients are not incurring any unnecessary or unreasonable expenses related to discovery or contentious motion filings.
We help businesses:
- Remove information from consumer complaint sites like Ripoffreport.com, PissedConsumer.com, and Complaintsboard.com
- Remove false and damaging reviews from rating websites like Yelp.com, Tripadvisor.com, Amazon.com, and Avvo.com
- Remove confidential or proprietary information obtained illegally or placed online without authorization
- Shut down websites that are selling counterfeit products and infringing on intellectual property and branding rights, such as trademarks, copyrights, and trade dress)
We help individuals:
- Remove embarrassing pictures, photos, and videos from social networking sites, porn sites, and mug shot websites
- Eliminate posts and other information from relationship infidelity websites, such as Cheaterland.com, Playerblock.com, and Reportyourex.com
- Remove damaging and false information from blogs, comment sections, message boards, and other forums
- Eliminate unwanted material from smear and gossip sites like Thedirty.com
- Remove private and personal information from online public databases
- Remove fake profiles on professional and social networking websites
- Remove illegal and unwanted content from search engine indices
Guaranteed Removal Options
Because of our depth of experience in removing damaging or harmful content from the Internet, we are able to guarantee the removal of the content for the following websites:
We are constantly expanding our abilities and updating the number of websites from which we can remove content. If a website is not listed above, contact us to find out if we offer guaranteed removal options for that particular website.
Even if guaranteed removal options are not available for a specific website, we have high success rates with our Court Ordered Removal and Search Engine De-indexing Services. In some cases, we attempt removals from websites on a flat fee, non-contingent basis. Contact us to find out more information.
Court Ordered Removal and Search Engine De-Indexing Service
Most websites and major search engines, including Google, Bing, and Yahoo! have polices in place for voluntarily removing content from webpages and search results if given a valid court order declaring the content to be defamatory. Getting a court order requires filing a lawsuit. There are many important considerations to take into account when filing. Only a licensed attorney experienced in the area of Internet defamation can properly advise as to the risks, costs, and other considerations. If a valid court order is obtained that declares that the content is defamatory or should otherwise be removed, search engines and websites typically remove the content voluntarily. Court orders are used not only for injunctions to remove content, but also to prevent content from continuing to be reposted and to obtain monetary compensation and relief for the client.
It is important to note that every website and search engine has different requirements as to what constitutes a “valid” court order. Court orders must be drafted to meet the unique requirements and circumstances of each case. In many cases, content is authored or posted by individuals who are anonymous or cannot be easily identified or located. In instances such as these, getting a court order requires filing a lawsuit. Depending on the state where the lawsuit is filed, efforts must then be undertaken to uncover the identity of the anonymous author . Our experienced Internet attorneys and team of online investigative and forensic experts are highly trained in identifying and locating people, organizations, and other defamers that attempt to hide their identity.
It is important to note that if a proper court order is not obtained, websites and search engines will deny removal requests. Therefore, it is imperative to work with a law firm that has experience successfully obtaining valid court orders of this type.
How Do I Get Started?
The best approach for removing online defamatory content is dependent upon the circumstances surrounding each individual case, so it is important to work with an experienced law firm that is dedicated solely to Internet defamation matters.
Defamatory, negative, and unwanted webpages and content removed
Cases in 22 states and 3 countries litigated
Annual requests for assistance