In this comprehensive blog post, we’re going to walk you through what BadBizReport.Is, common traits of user-generated content platforms and consumer advocacy websites, how they pose a serious threat to your personal and professional reputation, and how to remove yourself from BadBizReport.Is!
- To remove yourself and defamatory content from BadBizReport.Is, simply contact the online defamation removal lawyers of Minc Law today! At Minc Law, we guarantee removal of defamatory and false content from BadBizReport.Is. BadBizReport’s ‘Removal Policy’ also recommends contacting them about the content in question, which they will subsequently evaluate and contact the original author asking for supporting evidence. Should the original author fail to respond in a timely manner, then the piece will be removed from their databases completely.
- Filing a DMCA takedown notice is also an effective method for removing photographs and other media from user-generated content platforms and ISPs. However, we strongly recommend consulting an experienced business defamation attorney before commencing with the process.
- BadBizReport.Is and other user-generated content platforms and websites pose a serious threat to both your personal and professional reputation, due to lackluster and sometimes non-existent registration policies, unvetted content practices, and hardline (and vague) removal policies. This deadly combination opens the doors for online defamation and libel.
Online Defamation Removal Tip: Confronting online defamation can be overwhelming and confusing. If you or your business has been libeled or defamed online via a review or other post, we generally recommend against responding to the poster. Doing so could only worsen the problem and cause it to spread further.
If you’ve been the victim of false and defamatory content or posts on BadBizReport.Is, contact the online defamation removal lawyers of Minc Law today! We can guarantee the removal of defamatory and false content from BadBizReport, and we do it all for a flat, reasonable fee.
In our tenure as experienced online defamation removal attorneys, we’ve secured the removal of over 25,000 pieces of libelous content and websites, litigated in over 22 states and 3 countries, and support a nearly 100% online defamation removal and takedown rate. What are you waiting for? Online defamation is like a wildfire and stands to spread at a rapid rate, so it’s extremely important to act now!
At Minc Law, we’ve worked tirelessly with countless website administrators, online content managers, and third-party arbitration firms to secure swift and effective removals, so rest assured when working with us, you’re in good hands.
We’re here to fight for your reputation!
Table of Contents
The Facts: What is BadBizReport.Is?
BadBizReport.Is is a popular and free website that assists escorts and escort agencies by alerting them of potentially dangerous and violent clients, before they engage and utilize their services. Their mission: “To provide a free platform to assist in the information gathering and promotion of safety to escorts around the globe.” Sounds noble, right? Unfortunately, BadBizReport.Is has evolved into a popular platform for false accusations and online defamation due to its lax posting and removal policies.
It appears that BadBizReport used to tackle…well…businesses, as you can tell by the name. However, over the recent months, posts and comments about men who pose a danger to escorts have been on the rise. Some examples of past posts include:
- Warnings about fake passports,
- Accounts of immigration fraud, and
- Accusations of professional malpractice.
Simply put, BadBizReport is an online platform and website for users to hurl anonymous and unfounded accusations against one another. So, if you’re a business, or private individual who has been named and defamed on BadBizReport, this post is for you.
BadBizReport.Is is considered a user-generated content platform (UGC) and website, meaning it generates the bulk of its content from posts by third-parties. UGCs and other forums often become hotbeds of online defamation due to ISP liability immunity, as they are protected under a core piece of Internet legislation – Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act (we’ll address this in the next section).
Specifically, BadBizReport enables users to submit a report without ever having to sign up with an email or provide any personally identifiable information. They have yet to change their submission form, as it still reads, “Report a Bad Business” and prompts users to enter a company/product name, followed by a drop-down bar of various industries. Furthermore, BadBizReport also authorizes users to upload and post images, which not only poses a threat to your reputation and livelihood, but also threatens an innocent persons and their copyrights.
Let’s now turn to why false and defamatory reports and posts on BadBizReport.Is pose a serious threat to your personal and professional reputation.
Ohio Defamation Law Fact: Ohio courts do enable residents to bring a defamation and libel action against out-of-state defendants. Specifically, in order for Ohio courts to have jurisdiction over an out-of-state defendant, the person must have: (1) posted material online which was viewed by multiple Ohio residents, (2) defamed a plaintiff with Ohio domicile, and (3) Known of the plaintiff’s Ohio domicile. In their reasoning, Ohio courts state that they “decline to allow a nonresident defendant to take advantages of the conveniences of technology.”
Why BadBizReport Poses a Serious Threat to Your Reputation
BadBizReport’s ‘About Us’ page states “American Lawyers Make Us Laugh,” and directs users to their ‘Removal Policy’ page, noting that “no complaint will be removed, unless it goes opposed to our TOS.” BadBizReport recognizes their near blanket immunity of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act – a landmark piece of legislation immunizing websites and ISPs from liability for defamatory and false comments/posts by third-parties.
Let’s take a look at three fundamental reasons why BadBizReport.Is poses a threat to your personal and professional reputation.
- Vague Removal Policy: As noted above, BadBizReport notes that no complaint will be removed, unless it goes against their TOS, and instead avises aggrieved parties or businesses to place their rebuttal comments in the actual post itself. They also encourage contacting the author of the post, which generally is not an effective method for removal.
- Anonymous Posting: BadBizReport’s submission form is bare at best, and does not require any actual registration. Malicious posters and users simply post their comments, tag a category they want it listed under, and voilà, it’s now up. As users are not required to provide any personally identifiable information, there’s a sense of immunity bestowed on them, as they know legal recourse is minimal at best (in most cases).
- Unvetted & Unverified Information: Due to BadBizReport’s protection under Section 230 of the CDA, they get away with not having to verify or vet content. Such policy ultimately enables malicious posters and online trolls to operate without worry, knowing they can get away with posting potentially defamatory content.
Furthermore, it’s important to note that sometimes there can be a permanent stigma attached with having false accusations hurled your way. Once the court of public opinion has decided on a matter, it can often be extremely difficult to overcome its adverse effects.
Defamation also often leads to a “mob mentality” whereby persons view online defamation, recognize there’s no legal consequences in sight, and then engage in its spread and dissemination even further. Once the floodgates open, and others start engaging in malicious and false online posts, the damage may be done.
Online Defamation Removal Fact: As we noted, online defamation is like a wildfire, and stands to spread to unfathomable corners of the Internet – making it extremely hard to remove. When dealing with online defamation, the best thing you can do is remain proactive and vigilant. We strongly recommend setting up a Google Alerts account to stay on top of your online reputation. Enter your name and any keywords you want to keep an eye out for, and receive alerts anytime your name and those keywords are mentioned online.
If you’re unsure of what constitutes online defamation and are looking to explore your removal options, contact the online defamation removal attorneys of Minc Law today! At Minc Law, we know the ins and outs of United States defamation law, so rest assured you’re in good hands.
Furthermore, we can guarantee the removal of all defamatory and false content posted on BadBizReport, so reach out today and let’s get started!
The online abuse stops today!
Common Effects of False & Defamatory Posts Online
As BadBizReport.Is includes content and false accusations against both individuals and businesses, there’s a wide array of effects that may transpire. It’s a perfect storm of libel and defamation, which may affect not only your personal and professional reputation. Below, we’re going to take you through some of the most common effects false and defamatory posts online may have on your personal and professional reputation.
|Personal Reputation||Professional Reputation|
|Ostracization from one’s community||Loss of business and customers|
|Embarrassment and humiliation||Loss of advertising, partnerships, and other funding|
|Paranoia, anxiety, depression, and other physical effects||Denial of future employment, business partnerships, and future financial opportunities|
|Severed or strained relationships/friendships||Being fired or discharged from your job or being denied a promotion|
|Fear for one’s safety||Having to shut one’s business down for good|
Online defamation and false posts should be taken extremely seriously, as it does stand to affect nearly every aspect or your life, so we recommend reaching out to an experienced online defamation removal attorney to explore your options.
What are you waiting for? The online abuse stops now!
U.S. Defamation Law Fact: The United States is typically considered a very pro-defendant defamation and libel jurisdiction due to its longstanding history of upholding free speech and the First Amendment. European countries and other Common Law jurisdictions (such as the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia) however are generally considered more pro-plaintiff. Beware of persons who attempt to engage in libel tourism, by bringing their defamation claim in whichever jurisdiction is most favorable for them.
How to Remove Defamatory & False Content From BadBizReport.Is
At Minc Law, we guarantee the removal of defamatory and false content and posts from BadBizReport.Is, so get in touch with us as soon as possible. Simply reach out to us today, and let us know the content in question you’d like removed, and let us do the rest. And, we do it all for a flat reasonable fee. We’re here to fight for your reputation.
Secondly, BadBizReport’s ‘Removal Policy’ page, while vague, does note that if you think a complaint is false or manufactured (and you’re in need of further assistance), they could potentially try and contact the original author of the complaint and ask him/her for supporting evidence. And, if no reply is received from the author, then the post will be permanently deleted from the database. However, if the author provides strong evidence about the post and its veracity, then the post will be placed back online.
So, how about removing defamatory and libelous content from other user-generated content platforms and websites?
As most user-generated content platforms are protected under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, it is often an uphill battle to remove content and posts from such sites. Specifically, Section 230 of the CDA reads:
“No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.”
Simply put, as long as the website in question is not the one who creates, curates, or otherwise edits content, then they will likely not be held liable for online defamation – unless a narrow exception applies. Section 230 of the CDA has generated a considerable amount of controversy in the legal world, as some view it as a free-pass for websites to get away with providing safe-havens for illegal and offensive content, while others view it as a necessary for furthering free speech and open comment.
Note that when dealing with UGCs who enable users to post photographs and other media, an injured party may potentially utilize a DMCA takedown to remove copyrighted material and photographs. Intellectual property infringement is one of the narrow exceptions to Section 230 of the CDA, and a potential option for removing content from an ISP and UGC platform.
However, we strongly recommend employing an experienced Internet and business defamation attorney when sending a DMCA takedown notice, as it can be a difficult legal landscape to navigate.
Online Libel Removal Tip: When confronting online defamation, it’s important you understand directly responding to a review or post could lead to what is known as the “Streisand Effect,” where an issue that might otherwise stay hidden becomes viral and embedded everywhere on the Internet. The “Streisand Effect” refers to a popular case where Barbra Streisand tried to suppress photographs of her Malibu home, but ultimately drew more attention to it – defeating the intended goal.
Work With the Experienced Online Defamation Removal Lawyers of Minc Law Today!
If you’ve been defamed or libeled on BadBizReport.Is and you want it removed, we can guarantee its removal! That’s right! We guarantee the removal of all libelous and false content posted on BadBizReport.Is. Contact the online defamation removal attorneys of Minc Law today to get started with the takedown process. What are you waiting for? Let’s put this fire out before it has time to spread and cause irreparable damage.
In our tenure as experienced online defamation removal attorneys, we’ve secured the effective and permanent removal of over 25,000 pieces of content, litigated in over 22 states and 3 countries, and boast a nearly 100% online defamation takedown and removal rate. And, we do it for a flat reasonable fee.
Here’s what you can expect when working with the business defamation lawyers of Minc Law:
- Courtesy & Respect: We pride ourselves on treating all clients with the utmost respect and courtesy. We understand how invasive and overwhelming online defamation and libel can be, so just know we’re always on your side. After all, your goals are our goals.
- Open Communication & Dialogue: Some business defamation lawyers go missing once the online defamation takedown process has begun. Not Minc Law. At Minc Law, we’re here to keep you in the loop, and will make sure to update you with all relevant case and removal updates.
- Websites Respond to Minc Law: As we noted above, we’ve worked tirelessly with countless website administrators, online content managers, and third-party arbitration firms, so we know who to work with and how to work with them in order to secure swift and effective online defamation takedowns.